Introducing: React-a-Thon - Win up to $300 in Dash App Coupons!

• React-a-Thon Version 1.0

Alright everyone,
    So I know React is brand new but I want to start doing some fun competitions for prizes. So here's the deal - React is the most powerful Dash App we have ever created. So powerful, in fact, that it can be hard to wrap your mind around what is possible, how to do it, and why.

To jumpstart everyones excitement and see some awesome results with React, we are going to host a React-a-Thon. To win, you simply have to impress me. This could be by coming up with new key concepts and ideas for React, building an awesome solution, creating tutorials or guides that build excitement, finding new ways to use React that no one else has thought of, anything at all.

I will take into account many aspects:

• What is the impact of the solution you came up with?
    • How quickly did you provide the solution to the community?
    • How unique & creative is the solution & how will it build excitement around React?
    • How surprised was I by your solution and/or implementation?
    • How did everyone respond / react to your solution & idea.
    • Brownie points if you follow the DRP Protocol as outlined in the Guides Forum.

Important: You must use the forums to submit your idea, work through it, and build it up! This should be a community event where we all help each other. You will be given credit for coming up with the ideas publicly. I would advise you do this as I will give credit to someone who posts an idea on the forums even if you started working on it first but had not. Again, the whole purpose is to work together to not only learn React but come up with new & creative ways to use it!

Prizes

Grand Prize :

$300 Coupon for Dash Apps

Second Place:

$100 Coupon for Dash Apps

Third Place:

$50 Coupon for Dash Apps

Fourth Place:

$25 Coupon for Dash Apps

Download Dash React (w/ 14 Day Trial Period)

Your trials will be extended upon release of the Dash App!

You can download Dash React and learn more at the Dash React Product Page

--
    Braden R. Napier

Views

• "Would you like to continue watching in the bedroom?"

I have a Reactive Push that asks me this whenever I shut off my Main Area TV between 7pm and 5am.

I had implemented this a while ago, but now that I'm redoing my file with React this has become much simpler. Before I had to run through some conditionals in order to store the current source in a temp variable that could be used to set the bedroom variable if needed. Now I just have to save the MainArea source variable to the Recall ID MainSync. Then copy that to the Bedroom variable if the push notification is reacted to.

upload-85bebd3d-fdf8-4a46-87b7-a54dc19f769e

Justin Spiniolas

• @Spin said:

"Would you like to continue watching in the bedroom?"

I have a Reactive Push that asks me this whenever I shut off my Main Area TV between 7pm and 5am.

I had implemented this a while ago, but now that I'm redoing my file with React this has become much simpler. Before I had to run through some conditionals in order to store the current source in a temp variable that could be used to set the bedroom variable if needed. Now I just have to save the MainArea source variable to the Recall ID MainSync. Then copy that to the Bedroom variable if the push notification is reacted to.

upload-85bebd3d-fdf8-4a46-87b7-a54dc19f769e

This is a great concept and a powerful idea to understand. What you're actually doing here is saving the current "state" of the system at the time you run that command. You can also save that "state" to persist and can recall it at any time you wish. This is a core functionality that once you guys understand will get your brains coming up with all sorts of new and exciting concepts.

For example, think about how one might allow the end user to save a custom scene and recall it whenever they wish as well as allowing them to change that scene whenever they wish just by setting their entire system how they want it then selecting to save the state. Now imagine how you can enhance such concepts with the contextual awareness Dash is able to provide to React. GeoFencing, iBeacon (Soon), Time, Weather, the list goes on.

These are the types of things we will continue to find and expand upon.

--
    Braden R. Napier

• Wake Up!

This is a React "While" Event that gets triggered by my daily alarm clock event.

In this situation, an event occurs that turns on my lights and music every morning. The first "While" event included in the event triggers an MP3 file to play through my Sonos every 5 minutes that yells at me to "Wake Up!" until occupancy is detected in the bathroom (which means I got out of bed). Then the second loops my bedroom TV with the Roku App The Weather Nation through the current, daily, and extended forecast.

This is how I do the "Wake Up!" part,

upload-2530ae5b-0b16-492c-9716-95d03e80e9a5

upload-23ae482f-681b-4c55-8bbc-3b2716049a76

upload-54440b63-d73e-4c53-a4af-9700b1771934

And this is the Weather Nation Loop,

upload-1b096138-8b95-4720-a9e7-a52a8d31466e

Justin Spiniolas

• Alright @justin just saw this one - this one is really cool!

--
    Braden R. Napier

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!