Dash React Idea

• Just an idea at this point nothing in a file yet.

Goal:

To return the system to its previous state after a power loss without any client interaction. (React Events, Room Powers, Set Sources, Lighting levels, Any Variables etc......). The more React Events that control the system the more powerful this will be and can do most any automated functions (Universal Macros, etc.....).

Required:

1: MRX would need to be battery backed-up.
    2: Voltage sensor with wall wart on a non-battery backed-up plug for reading Line Power.
    3: A persistent variable for Line Power for if the MRX loses Power.

When Line Power is lost:

React will use Get Variable Value for all operational value states and save them with Persistent Store.

Then when Line Power is restored:

(Goes in Line Power Restored macro from voltage sensor)
    The MRX did NOT lose power so the system will wait a short time (If needed) for devices that may have lost power to reboot and then use Get Variable Value and save results to trigger React/Automated Events according to the state it was in prior to the power loss.

(Goes in Event Triggers System Startup Device Event)
    {IF} Line Power Persistent Variable is Off:
    The MRX DID lose power so the system will wait a short time for devices that may have lost power (If needed or If they take longer than the MRX) to reboot and then use Persistent Get and save results to trigger React/Automated Events according to the state it was in prior to the power loss.

Views

• @HDI_Z said:

e after a power loss without any client interaction. (React Events, Room Powers, Set Sources, Lighting levels, Any Variables etc......). The more React Events that control the system the more powerful this will be and can do most any automated functions (Universal Macros, etc.....).

This would be cool and should work great with the battery backup!

--
    Braden R. Napier

• I have a version (Its just not persistent) of it in my file to set my Hue lights back to what they were if I lose power since they default to On when power is restored and you have to leave your switch in the On position all the time. React opens it up to do so much more Set Source etc....

• @HDI_Z said:

React will use Get Variable Value for all operational value states and save them with Persistent Store.

After getting a chance to look over React a little better and unless I missed something I think there would have to be 2 more options added to React for the above to work if possible:

Persistent Store Current Value (String)
    Persistent Store Current Value (Integer)

Or Instead of Get Variable Value would use Recall: Save Variable Value and then Persistent Store the Recall ID?

• Recall alraedy happens. Recall and Variable are synonymous here. You can specify either a Recall ID or Variable to save or get from storage. You are correct, one command will be needed - Get as Integer from Persistent Store.

--
    Braden R. Napier

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!