Occupany Sensors

• Hey Guys, I'm having trouble getting any kind of interaction in TC from the occ sensors. I have keypad integration working so I know communication is working between RA2 and URC, and have basic occ/vac modes setup in RA2 so i know the sensor is working but I am getting no responses in TC. I've created some basic variable states to try and track if TC sees the occ states at all and they have never been tripped. The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried is using the device's serial number instead of the integration device ID...

Views

• So yeah, I needed the serial number instead of the Integration ID, I'm guessing this is also the case in the URC module?

• Serial Numbers translate to Integration ID's. Most likely you used the wrong Integration ID so it wasn't working. Lutron can be confusing on how it works but Cloud Logs will show you the integration ID when things happen - it will also show you the integration ID it translates to. URC does not allow you to use Serial Numbers in their module.

You always should be running cloud logs and examining what it says. I think you probably were trying to use the Integration ID for the Room not the Sensor itself.

--
    Braden R. Napier

• Thanks. I didn't realize that Cloud Logs would show the integration ID and I'm interested to see what the motion reports as. I'm using the correct ID as listed on the integration report and integration settings menu and I verified that its enabled for integration. All of my other keypads and loads are responding via ID's just not the occ sensor until I put in the serial number.

• Let us know what you find!

--
    Braden R. Napier

• So the Lutron Dash module is working with both integration ID's or serial numbers, and without a Lutron load attached to the occ sensor via Ra2 programming which is awesome! Occ sensor isn't responding at all in URC Ra2 module with or without loads attached in RA programming, but after playing with the Dash module i doubt I'll use the URC much. I would like to see a better way customize the Lutron Interface though.

• I suggest not mixing the two. It is fine to use the URC for the interface and Dash for the background programming, but don't use both for back ground programming. Also, I would put Dash Lutron first in the tree. And have separate log in and passwords for each.

Nick Picklo, CGB
    Certified Graduate Builder
    m. 713.562.0009

Websites:
    www.PickloHomes.com
    www.PickloDigitalHomes.com
    www.PickloPools.com

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!