Weather Tools, Is It daytime? Not working for me

• Need help understanding why I get the CORRECT result when I play a macro with a line referencing a call to WEATHER TOOLS, is It DayTime? and the WRONG result when that same macro is triggered by a URC device event (Ex. Alarm Stay). To illustrate this, I have added some codes in both the IF and ELSE sections of conditional statement right below the call to Connected Data Weather Tools. And it was daytime yesterday at my clients home and yet the lines of codes on the ELSE (i.e. Not daytime) section was executed everytime the event was triggered by an action from Honeywell alarm. I had the same experience with TIME TOOLS as well before deciding that "Is it daytime?" in WEATHER TOOLS was more suited for my application. Need any assistance. I am first time user of DashOS apps.
    upload-b7edce0f-0623-44cd-84dd-a642a574b692

upload-cb5cce4a-d6b8-40b3-bc06-8dc1a989c752

Views

• Here is the TCl query command
    upload-0d852c26-50b6-4cd5-9ad8-3404703cba99

• Can you post your Installed Parameters from the Dash Apps paged for me. That should help us figure out what happened. Also check for any critical errors.

upload-7373db89-8194-49d6-a08c-1665cb0464c0

Justin Spiniolas

• Also the most important thing to do is use Cloud Logging to help trouble shoot. It will report exactly what is being returned to the variable. It is also important to watch Cloud Logging on startup, any problem in the setup of the module will be revealed here, not licensed, incorrect parameters, etc.

http://community.dashos.net/topic/27/cloud-logging

Justin Spiniolas

• Thank you for your suggestion. I have started cloud logging and will restart the MrX-10 tomorrow. Here is the installed parameter you requested. Thanks

upload-e2fabdb6-6b56-4963-8ddc-93104388fb02
    upload-2f2e4c4e-5121-4a69-96ee-8e25bb92beb9

upload-c1c124c5-f5e1-4ad4-b521-5c5fed336df1

upload-14b252b1-ff0a-4ef3-a654-862d186d01f1

upload-28489255-1d42-48d6-b4ea-0d84f478bcc7

• You need to put your zipcode in on step 11 in Accelerator.

upload-bb60a766-5327-4664-b3f3-3a6879364980

Justin Spiniolas

• Just did. Sounds like that might be the reason it was not giving the correct result. Do you think so?

Thanks

• Yeah, I guarantee that was the problem. The module is not able to query anything with out it. Since all weather and astronomical data is based on location, the module cant function with out the location.

Justin Spiniolas

• I agree, but I still wonder why it get's it right when I play the macro.

• You can not test modules commands with the Play function. Chances are your conditional is just running default as you test it that way. So it depends on what you set your default value to be for that variable.

Justin Spiniolas

• Putting the zip code fixed the problem. Thank you.

But now I have another issue with getting a URC device event macro (Alarm Activated) containing two lines of Connected Data Radiora 2 phantom buttons statement to flash exterior lights and set Interior lights to 100% Full when the security alarm is activated. Instead, the phantom buttons simply turn the lights ON and OFF in seconds. It appears I need a sustained press command to keep the exterior lights flashing and interior lights full until and a release button is pressed after the alarm is disarmed.

Is this something you can help me with?

Thanks,

Henry Ajayi

upload-2798c0e1-4871-495c-8418-d9f3413cab63

upload-9bc5daac-7bba-4ae1-9e70-19f70ed0a9f0

• Hi, working with URC tech support to find a solution to being able to have Radiora2 flash exterior lights and interior lights full when the honeywell vista 20psia alarm is activated. At the moment, the lights are simply turned ON and OFF once. Lutron Tech says I need a sustained button press from TC.

Do you know if Lutron by Dash has a solution to this Honeywell problem? Please let me know. This issue has tied me down here since last week.

Thanks

• You could create a loop using Device Event Triggers that repeatedly turns them on, pauses with a delay then turns them off. And this loop would continue until you break the loop by switching a variable.

Look in the documentation for Hue by Dash here. In the walkthroughs section, the last one shows how to create a controlled loop. This will create the exact solution you're looking for I think.

Justin Spiniolas

• Thanks, I will take a look. But do you know anyone who have used this module to make radiora2 flash lights when an alarm is activated?

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!