Dash React Won't Trigger TRF-ZW1 Scenes?

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to Dash React, so please forgive me if I'm overlooking something obvious. I'm playing around with React on my home system, and I'm noticing that my lighting scenes never trigger if I run them from a React event. However, if I trigger them from other macros, they work fine. Has anyone else noticed this?

For example, I have the Entertainment -> DirecTV button macro setting a React variable called MediaRoomSource = isWATCH-DirecTV. I have React events watching this variable, and the R: MediaRoomSource * isWATCH event macro turns on the TV and triggers a scene called Lights Dim in my Media Room room on my TRF-ZW1. When programmed this way, the lights never respond.

But if I move the Lights Dim scene call into the same macro that sets the React variable (tied to the remote button), everything works fine.

This works of course, but I'd like to do it all through the React variables. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Chris

Views

• Please post screen shots of your events and the setup. You can also get quicker help by using HipChat. Thanks!

Justin Spiniolas

• Hey, sorry for not replying earlier, thanks for being willing to help!. I'll post future things on HipChat, so thanks for that too!

Before I saw this reply, I noticed that the scenes eventually worked, they were just VERY delayed (like 30-60 seconds). Interaction between my MRX-10 and my ZW1 hasn't always been 100% reliable, though the recent updates do seem to have made it better (speaking of the CPU 100% issue mainly -- everything got slow when that was going on).

But, I took a completely different track to solve this problem. I looked at the actual HTTP traffic to the ZW1 and created a custom IP driver in Accelerator to send those HTTP requests as IP commands directly to the ZW1. It's a royal pain, and it doesn't give me the full flexibility of the ZW1 Lights module, but it's 100% reliable and LIGHTNING fast. Literally, when I hit the button to set a light level, the lights have changed at the same time as (or even before!) I feel the haptic feedback from the remote. (And in the interest of clarity, I'm back to using React variable events to call my custom IP driver commands, so I'm pretty sure the problem isn't within React itself).

I do think it takes longer to activate scenes when using React over straight macros, but I could be wrong. I'd have to defer to Brady or someone else with more knowledge of what really goes inside the MRX-10 to confirm whether that's real or not. I didn't think to make a backup copy of the file, but my React triggered macro looked something like this:

1. Output to Cloud Log: "React variable change detected, next command is to activate scene on ZW1"
    2. Connected Data - "Lights Dim" scene on ZW1
    3. Output to Cloud Log: "Macro continuing after calling scene"

My thought here was to see if maybe the macro was stalling while it waited on the lights to change, and it wasn't. The two cloud log events were within milliseconds of each other, so I put a hub in between the ZW1 and the MRX-10 and used Wireshark and the delay was on the MRX-10 side (it took several seconds after the macro had completed before the MRX-10 sent the HTTP query to the ZW1 to activate the scene). So I don't think it's a React issue per se, but maybe something funny happening in the MRX-10 and something getting hung for a while???

At any rate, I wanted to say thanks and share how I solved this issue (and I fully acknowledge my solution won't be right for everyone).

Thanks,
    Chris

• Glad to hear that you got it worked out. And thanks for posting your solution.

Justin Spiniolas

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!